In 1999 Universal Orlando opened it’s second theme park, Islands of Adventure, and Seuss Landing was born! Since then, it’s been captivating the hearts and minds of the young and old alike!
Here’s a list of our favorite top 10 things to experience, along with a few secret tips!
1) There are No Straight Lines! Dr. Seuss’s illustrations were known for their curved or slanted lines. The designers at Universal Creative used this inspiration when creating Seuss Landing. Even the trees were brought in from a hurricane-stricken area off the coast, making them as twisted as the rest of this land.
2) See The Circus McGurkus Café Stoo-pendous! Based on the Dr. Seuss book If I Ran the Circus, which tells the tale of young Morris McGurk and his dreams of a creating an amazing circus, it’s an interesting place to eat. Don’t forget to look up above and wave to those passing by on the High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride!™
3) Speaking of the High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride…this is one attraction you won’t want to miss! This gentle ride circles around Seuss Landing fifteen feet in the air and lasts around three minutes. The story of The Sneetches is featured in a few audioanimatronic displays as riders glide past in train cars. Keep your camera ready as this attraction offers a bird’s eye view of Seuss Landing and beyond! TIP: There are two separate tracks, so try to ride both!
4) Everyone loves the message of the Lorax and you can take a short walk through the Truffula trees, enjoying little surprises along the path. No trip to Seuss Landing is complete without visiting!
5) Sneetch Beach is a well-kept, almost hidden secret! Located to the left of the Green Eggs and Ham™ Cafe, this path is hardly utilized and is a cute spot to take a break from the crowds and also a great photo op! TIP: It’s the perfect shortcut when trying to make rope drop for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
6) Character Meet and Greet Photo Ops – Some of the characters you can meet include Cat in the Hat, Thing 1 and Thing 2, Sam I Am, the Lorax, and the Grinch. TIP: The best time to meet these characters is after a performance of Oh! The Stories You’ll Hear, a musical rendition of the good doctor’s best-loved stories. Be sure to check the mobile app or a times guide for performances.
7) Climb aboard One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish™ and delight in this children’s book come to life. This is a ride that kids (and parents) love! TIP: Listen to the song as you ride to hear whether you should move your fish up, up, up or down, down, down – mess up and you might get wet!
8) Take a spin on Caro-Suess-El™, a Merry-Go-Round From The Mind Of Dr. Seuss.
9) Climb Into Your Couch Car and Ride Through The Book, The Cat in the Hat!
10) Pick up a sweet treat in Sookers and Sookers Sweet Candy Cookers! Infectious confections
Thanks for reading and if you’d like to experience this magical place for yourself, contact your favorite Vacations with Character® Travel Professional. We can save you money and even offer special tickets that include Early Entry into the parks, one full hour before the general public is allowed in!