A new lagoon show is debuting September 6 to November 2 for select nights at Universal Studios Florida during Halloween Horror Nights 29!
Watch as the lagoon transforms with a spectacle of neon and synth, featuring iconic scenes from top horror films, cult classics and TV shows in “Halloween Marathon of Mayhem”.
Grab a bucket of popcorn and get ready as the lagoon lights up with iconic scenes from Netflix’s Stranger Things, Ghostbusters, Universal Monsters and Killer Klowns from Outer Space. This new show features a blend of fountain-based media, state-of-the-art technologies and special effects in a new way. This is one 80’s nightmare you won’t want to miss!
Halloween Horror Nights has been terrifying Orlando since 1991, when it was known as Universal Studios Fright Nights. In the decades since its inception, it has grown exponentially in scope and popularity. This year, five scare zones are taking over Universal Studios Florida. Plus, fan-favorite Academy of Villains returns with an all-new show.
When you think of Halloween, ghouls, goblins and ghosts walking the streets at night in a yearly and family-friendly ritual come to mind. At Halloween Horror Nights, Universal kicks this traditional holiday up a notch and slaps it with a twisted, sick little spin. This year’s event is no exception, running from Sept. 6 – Nov. 2, there will be 10 haunted houses, 5 scare zones and outrageous shows — all jam packed with terrifying monsters and demented fiends. Here are all the details:
It’s time to brush up on those rules of survival. Based on the hit film and its upcoming sequel, this scare zone puts you in the middle of the United States of Zombieland. The infection has spread and bloodthirsty zombies are everywhere. The most important rule to remember: Always double tap.
Rob Zombie Hellbilly Deluxe
You know his music, now it’s time to live it. Step into the heavy metal horror of Rob Zombie’s music and imagery in this pulse-pounding scare zone. From otherworldly beings to brutal maniacs, you’ll come face-to-face with his twisted creations as the music cranks to a frenzy.
An 80s-inspired arcade has taken over Avenue of the Stars. At first glance, you may think it’s a party. However, you quickly learn that “Game Over” means a permanent end for you. A gang of neon slashers are out to play and this is one game you won’t want to lose.
Beauty is pain. Literally. In the streets of Hollywood, your flesh becomes the canvas as blade-wielding artists slice up willing participants into horrific living works of art. Here, going under the knife takes on a whole other meaning.
We’re all familiar with the brutal Viking warriors. It’s terrifying enough thinking about facing them alive. Now picture facing them as the undead. They have risen and laid siege to Central Park with an onslaught of gore. Blood lust never dies.
Academy of Villains
Academy of Villains returns in an epic experiment of mind and body. Man’s true nature is dragged out into the dark, Gothic streets of anarchy. This wickedly talented group of artists is back for an all-new performance featuring a killer mix of visionary dance and extraordinary theatrics.
You’ve got the scare zone details, now read up on the haunted houses that have been announced if you haven’t already:
– Netflix’s Stranger Things Returns to Halloween Horror Nights in All-New Haunted House Experience
– Enter an Arena of Gore with Nightingales: Blood Pit at Halloween Horror Nights
– Face the Biggest Names in Horror, Universal Monsters, at Halloween Horror Nights
– Descend Into Terror in Depths of Fear at Halloween Horror Nights
– Face the Brutal Beasts of Yeti: Terror of the Yukon at Halloween Horror Nights
– Sony Pictures’ Ghostbusters is Coming to Halloween Horror Nights in an All-New Haunted House
– MGM Pictures’ Killer Klowns From Outer Space Has Landed at Halloween Horror Nights
– Jordan Peele’s Blockbuster Hit ‘Us’ Comes to Life in Terrifying New Haunted House at Halloween Horror Nights
– New Graveyard Games Haunted House Awakens at Halloween Horror Nights
If you haven’t already read our previous blog for 5 tips for the Ultimate Halloween Horror Nights experience, click here!
Are you ready for the ULTIMATE Halloween Horror Nights experience? We have some top tips to help ensure you come back terrified…and ready to start planning your thrilling adventure for next year!
1) Start by Picking the Right Horror Experience
Single Night Tickets
These passes give you full access to all the terrors Halloween Horror Nights has to offer for ONE event night. Tickets are date based and prices vary depending on the tier selected. TIP: Weeknights are usually less busy than weekend nights (and less expensive). Higher tiers are projected to be busier than lower tiered event nights. This may help you decide which event night is best for you.
Frequent Fear Passes – with so many houses and scare zones to experience, is one night really enough horror? Sink your teeth into multiple nights of wicked scares, so you can become one with the terror of Halloween Horror Nights. There are a few different passes to choose from:
• Rush of Fear Pass: This pass lets you frequent the HHN event as much as you like during all September event nights.
• Frequent Fear Pass: This pass provides access to all Sunday – Thursday event nights, plus the first weekend and the last Friday event night.
• Frequent Fear Plus Pass: This pass allows the same access as the Frequent Fear, with the added bonus of every Friday night as well, giving you unlimited access to Halloween Horror Nights on Sunday – Friday event nights plus the first two nights and last Saturday.
2) Book aHalloween Horror Nights Vacation Package for the Ultimate Experience
Stay where you scream — and rest in peace! The resorts at Universal are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G., comfortable, and relaxing. A package offers the best way to experience Halloween Horror Nights and when you stay at a Universal Orlando Resort hotel, you receive special perks, not to mention it’s quick and easy to jump back to your room after a long night of terror. There are many options to choose from, but don’t worry, as Authorized Universal Orlando Travel Professionals, we are specially trained to help you customize the perfect stay for your needs — all at no cost to you!
3)Enhance the Horror with Express Pass
Get right to the thrills, scares and terror by adding on the Express Pass option to your HHN ticket. This optional upgrade allows you to skip the regular wait lines, which can be very long, at all the houses, letting you see and do more. HHN Express Passes are are valid one time per house and also work one time for each participating attraction that will remain open for the event.
4) Add on a Tour
If you’re looking for the the ultimate chilling experience, you’ll want to book an R.I.P. tour to ensure you are completely immersed in every horrific moment awaiting you at Halloween Horror Nights. Non-Private R.I.P. Tours include:
• Exclusive VIP entry gate to Universal Studios Florida for the Halloween Horror Nights event
• Commemorative R.I.P. Tour credential with lanyard
• Access to exclusive cash bar locations upon check-in and during the tour. Must be 21 or over with valid photo ID to purchase and consume alcoholic beverages.
• Priority VIP entry to all haunted houses (one entry per house, subject to itinerary and event hours) while on tour with the R.I.P. Tour Guide
• Universal Express Unlimited ride access to participating regular theme park attractions, with the R.I.P. Tour credential, for the date of their tour (park hours permitting, excludes Halloween Horror Nights haunted houses)
• Complimentary standard valet parking (1 vehicle, subject to availability)
• Reserved seating at select event show(s) at the conclusion of the tour
• Available for parties up to 6. Parties of 7 or more will need to book a Private R.I.P. Tour (and private tours are also available for any group size – just contact us for details).
Take a look behind the screams (scenes) with a daytime V.I.P. walking tour. It’s a lights-on look during the Unmasking the Horror tour at either three or six haunted houses (depending on which tour you choose). Tours include a unique Unmasking the Horror Token, and the chance to photograph select rooms in select houses.
Please note: Valid Halloween Horror Nights Admission Ticket is still required AND must be valid for the same calendar day as the R.I.P Tour ticket.
5) Book a Dining Experience
If you dare, join in on a frightening feast at Universal Studios’ Classic Monsters Cafe where you’ll be entertained as you dine on delicacies dug up from the local graveyard. It’s a great opportunity to include a meal prior to the event start while giving you access to photo ops . Your meal includes an all-you-care-to-eat themed dinner buffet, one (1) nonalcoholic beverage and a digital download of a photo taken with a character during the dining experience. Advance reservations and separate event admission are required.
*If you love Halloween, trust me when I say you’re bound to have a terrifyingly good time and Vacations with Character® would love to help you make this an event to remember! Contact one of our Expert Travel Agents to help you book the perfect experience and receive our exclusive Halloween Horror Nights tip sheet, Universal Orlando Guide, and more! Our services are always free for our clients but our experience and expertise are priceless.
*Please note: due to the graphic nature of this event, it is not recommended for children under the age of 13.