Thank you to all who follow and love our informational blog! Please join us in our new location to stay up to date on Universal Orlando Resort and Disney Destination happenings, plus more! https://vacationswithcharacter.blog/
Yesterday, we shared our top tips for the reopening of Universal Orlando’s main theme parks. Today, we’re bringing you some photos and tips for the fabulous Volcano Bay water park, where “water is life…and life is joy”!
Before you venture out to begin your carefree island life at Volcano Bay – home of the Waturi, according to legend – you’ll need to know a few important things:
1) Social distancing markers are located everywhere and you’ll want to be aware of them. You should also be prepared to know your temperature will be taken. Lastly, masks are required by everyone – guests and Team Members alike – BUT not to worry! Once you enter the park, you may remove them to enjoy your day, not to mention the soothing waves of Waturi Beach!
2) Unless staying onsite at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort, which has a private entrance to Volcano Bay, buses will help you embark on your journey. Onboard, you’ll be seated 6 feet apart by a Team Member and masks are required.
3) Island signage abounds, so no need to take notes! ; )
4) Once you arrive at the entrance to Volcano Bay, masks are still required by all and you’ll be welcomed plus provided with your own sanitized, waterproof TapuTapu wearable – designed specifically and exclusively for use in Volcano Bay. With its Virtual Line and TapTu Play capabilities, TapuTapu allows you to live on Waturi time and feel as one with the island’s carefree way of life. The only difference is, you’ll receive yours from a Team Member who is masked and gloved; and just as before, Tapu Tapu’s are yours to use for the day!
5) Once inside, the fun and relaxation truly begins as masks are only required beyond this point by the lockers, at food venues, or in merchandise stores; just be aware the Waturi respectfully request you maintain social distancing in these areas as well.
In the larger restaurants with seating areas, parties are seated one at a time and at an appropriate distance from everyone else, and Team Members are carefully sanitizing the tables at all venues after each use as well!
6) The Waturi have a new rule: only 10 guests are permitted at a time in the locker area, so visitors are asked to send one guest from your group in with your belongings. Lockers are also yours for the day!
7) Here among the sparkling waters, even life jackets are replaced after each use and taken away by a Team Member for proper sanitizing before reuse.
8) We are happy to report you can still kick your visit up a notch by renting a private cabana for up to 10 people! Relax, unwind and enjoy the charms of your own personal cabana space in paradise with extra-comfy seating, concierge service and more. Each retreat offers padded lounge chairs, a small refrigerator stocked with bottled water, complimentary fruit and snack basket, towel and locker service, plus concierge service with an exclusive menu of food and drink delivered directly to the cabana. Who can ask for anything more?
Well, there is one thing…
9) Ice Cream! Koka Poroka is Volcano Bay’s ice cream stand and is renowned for offering this Waturi fusion of flavor! PRO TIP: Don’t miss this delicious treat!
10) Volcano Bay is THE perfect place to visit in the Florida Summer sun…as masks are not required in the pools, while relaxing on your loungers, or while exploring! You’ll truly enjoy an immersive water theme park full of thrills, relaxation, and one-of-a-kind attractions in a beautiful, tropical setting.
We’d like to give a BIG shout out to thank our FABULOUS Universal Orlando Representative, Derek Funk, for all of the great photos and information we’ve shared with you yesterday and today, and hope you enjoyed this virtual tour!
Contact Vacations with Character® and let us help you plan your escape! Visit https://universalvacationplanners.com/ for more information or to reach out and drop us a line!
Universal Orlando Resort is officially open! We’re excited to take you on a walk with us as we show you what you can expect from line queues to meet and greets to dining and more in this first phase of reopening. Read on for 10 Tips on what to expect!
1) Whether you travel to the park via resort buses or personal car, social distancing space is always maintained (even in the parking lot by skipping a space between cars).
2) Upon arrival, you’re greeted with new and clear signage as well as ground markers to enforce the new guidelines for all guest’s health and safety. It’s at this point ALL guests are required to pass a temperature screening before heading into the security area and through the metal detectors!
3) All of the line queue have also been updated with social distancing markers to ensure guests are 6 feet apart. Here is how Hagrids line looks; these markers continue throughout the queues for all attractions.
4) Hand sanitizer is being given out by a Team Member before experiencing an attraction.
FUN FACT: Hagrids carts are actually 6 feet apart so they will NOT be skipping every other cart and from what we have been reassured, it’s very easy to ride a coaster with a well fitting mask. Don’t worry if you lose yours, Universal has complimentary, disposable masks they will supply you with!
5) Many attractions are being added to a new Virtual Line Pass, which is a nice surprise especially for fans of Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure!
Don’t have access to the Universal Mobile app? They’ve got you covered! You’ll notice the creation of Virtual Line Kiosks:
6) While the parks were closed, Universal has been very busy! You’ll notice some upgrades, such as the new Raptor Encounter, including a new baby friend who can’t wait to meet you! ♥
7) Speaking of meeting our friends, everyone loves greeting their favorite characters and Universal has, thankfully, found a creative way! You’ll have to wear a mask and take a selfie within social distancing guidelines (notice the ground marker) but you’ll still have a great new photo op with your pals!
We ♥ the Spongebob Photo Op and give it 2 fins up!
8) As for dining, upon entrance you’re greeted with a hand sanitizer dispenser and will be seated for social distancing. Ordering and paying will be done from the mobile app. Eventually, the mobile app will be updated with the dining plan but until then (and if you don’t have a mobile phone) ONE person from your party will walk up and go through the line to order and pay at the register (with your mask on, of course). This is a photo of Louie’s:
9) Another important detail to know: if a ride has a virtual line available, that is the only way you can currently experience that attraction. So, if you do not have a virtual line reservation you will not be permitted to ride. Currently we are also being told you will not be able to book more than TWO virtual line time at once but we’ll keep you updated if that changes! (Previously, it was said to be one.)
10) We have a list of all of the most pertinent details regarding operational procedures from screening to sanitization. Please visit our website for more information by clicking here!
We hope you enjoyed our virtual tour and tips. Are you ready and excited to visit? Contact Vacations with Character® and let’s talk about your next amazing getaway to Universal! We have some special savings to tell you about including discounts on tickets, plus we are EXPERTS when it comes to Universal vacations. Visit us at our main website for a free quote: https://universalvacationplanners.com/ or reach out and drop us a line!
Ready, set, boo! Today’s the day to start planning your visit to Walt Disney World® Resort for late summer and early fall. That includes getting your tickets for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!
Tickets are now available for the event that transforms Magic Kingdom® Park into a ‘spook-tacular’ celebration. Fun for everyone begins on August 13 and continues on select nights through Nov. 1.
This devilishly delightful night includes the return of “Disney’s Not So Spooky Spectacular” fireworks show (hosted by Jack Skellington, telling a Halloween tale about Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy), “Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade,” the “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular” stage show and more!
During the event, you’ll have the opportunity to greet favorite Disney characters (some of them wearing Halloween costumes of their own!), go trick-or-treating throughout the park, dance the night away at the Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam and enjoy popular attractions with a special Halloween twist, including Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, Pirates of the Caribbean, Space Mountain and Mad Tea Party.
The fun also includes Halloween décor, delicious food, specialty merchandise, and some bewitching surprises along the way.
Here are the dates for 2020:
- August 13, 18, 21, 25, 28
- September 1, 4, 7, 11, 13, 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27, 29
- October 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31
- November 1
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party tickets start at $85 but contact us to purchase early and you’ll save $10!
We will share more details for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – as well as on-sale dates to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – soon, so stay tuned!
Contact us by visiting our website and filling out a no-obligation quote form to reach one of our agents for more information or to book a most delicious vacation: https://vacationswithcharacter.net/ or simply drop us a line!
Universal Orlando and Universal Hollywood have a new campaign slogan for this year and here’s why we ♥ it!
Universal Orlando is one of the most magical places on earth! It’s a land of fantasy, thrilling experiences, and fun family time. It’s a place to reconnect, catch up, laugh, de-stress and feel like a kid again. When you visit, you’ll be entertained, amazed, and “whoa’d”. And that’s why the new slogan — “Let Yourself Whoa” — is so perfect!
As we go through the hum-drum moments in every day life, sometimes we just need a release, to recharge our batteries, and get back to being our best selves. We need some fun and excitement in our lives… and what a better place than Universal?
One of the new faces of this year’s campaign, Kenan Thompson, has been part of the NBC Universal family for years. Denielle Ricci from our Universal Partner Community recently caught up with him and here’s what they had to say:
Q: Tell me about the experience of being a part of the new “Woah” campaign for Universal Parks & Resorts?
I gotta tell ya, it’s been incredible. There’s a lot of love here in Orlando, and it’s been incredibly nostalgic for me because this is where I had my very first job. We’ve been prepping 20 feet away from where I spent my teenage years growing up here. I’m really excited to roll this out and see how people respond to the whole “Woah” of it all. I think it’s going to be really fun.
Q After experiencing the parks and working on this campaign, what does “Woah” mean to you?
“Woah” means to me exactly what these parks do for you on a daily basis. Every ride really delivers that “Woah!” I brought my family here and we went on all the rides and afterward, I was like “Woah” every single time.
Q: You have a history with NBCUniversal. You filmed your show “Kenan & Kel” in Orlando, you’re a part of “Saturday Night Live”…how would you describe the experience of filming in a theme-park environment?
[A guest shouts, “We love you Kenan!” Kenan responds, “Thank you! Mad love for you.”]
That sums it up! That has been my experience working in a theme park. When I think back, I’m thankful that it was Universal. Coming back to a place that is so familiar has been blowing my mind these past few days. I had a chance to take my picture over by the old filming soundstage. I could have cried because it’s just a special place in my heart. It’s been a long road back and to be a part of such an awesome campaign for one of my favorite places – is like “Woah.”
Q: What is your favorite “Woah” moment so far at Universal Orlando Resort?
I gotta say it has to be Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure. We rode it a few times, and I think it’s one of the most creative roller coasters in America. I don’t want to spoil it for people who haven’t ridden it, but you can’t even guess what happens next. The twists and turns and ups and downs – that’s all I can tell you. That’s my favorite, hands down!
Q: What is your favorite ride at Universal Studios Hollywood?
At Universal Studios Hollywood, Jurassic World is strong…super strong! I seriously felt like I was right in one of the movies. And seeing all of those giant dinosaurs lunge at you is so cool – and they look so realistic. The giant Mosasauraus, the Indominus rex – and of course that drop! It’s an awesome water ride that gets you soaked to the bone.
Are your ready to “Let Yourself Whoa?” Contact Vacations with Character® and let’s talk about your next amazing getaway to Universal! We have some special savings to tell you about including discounts on tickets, plus we are EXPERTS when it comes to Universal vacations. Visit us at our website for a free quote: https://universalvacationplanners.com/ or reach out and drop us a line!
Did you know that 768 million vacation days went unused in 2018? Don’t let this happen to you too! Vacations are vital to our well being AND a necessity in life. At Vacations with Character®, we specialize in “ALL of the Happiest Places on Earth” and we’re here to help you plan a magical getaway! Here’s a SMALL sampling of special offers available today!
RELATED: The Importance of Vacations
We work hard to make sure our clients receive the best prices possible but also provide the added value of our free services! Read what happy clients have to say about us!
We have partnerships with ALL major cruise lines and work with only hand-picked preferred partners of All Inclusive Resorts in addition to Disney Destinations and Universal Orlando Resort!
We are blessed to have 1000’s of wonderful clients, friends, and family trust us with their vacation plans each year and we hope you will too! Contact us by visiting our website and filling out a no-obligation quote form to reach one of our agents: https://vacationswithcharacter.net/ or simply drop us a line!
The holidays are behind us and Spring will be here soon. What a better way to ring in 2020 than at the 25th annual Mardi Gras Celebration at Universal Orlando Resort? Laissez les bon temps rouler every night from February 1 through April 2, 2020!
Enjoy a fun-filled day of theme-park adventures and an evening of delightful festivity. Just as in past years, this family-friendly Mardi Gras soiree will feature mouthwatering, Cajun food plus dazzling nightly parades – and one of the most unforgettable concert lineups ever!
Take a look at this star-studded concert line up! Who are you excited to see? Concerts begin at 8:30 pm on the following nights:
Who doesn’t love a parade?! Watch the confetti and countless beads fly while you enjoy colorful floats and costumes, stilt walkers, and street performers. You won’t want to miss this celebration! TIP: Ask about the kid-friendly special viewing area!!
Aren’t you excited? Now’s the time to start planning your trip to Mardi Gras at #UniversalOrl — Contact your favorite Vacations with Character® Universal Specialist Agent for a free, no-obligation quote today!
Vacations with Character® is an #AuthorizedUniversalOrlandoTravelPlanner and #UniversalAuthorizedTicketSeller. We also offer tickets that include EARLY PARK ADMISSION no matter where you stay! We never charge a fee and you’ll never pay more when booking with us. Plus, you’ll receive our tip sheets, a special park map, expert guidance and more!
Let the Good Times Roll!
Universal Orlando is gearing up for a beautiful holiday season! Take a sneak peek at some of the decorations going up around Islands of Adventure and find out why YOU need to vacation in Universal Orlando this holiday season.
There’s so much fun to be had during the holidays at Universal Orlando Resort! Add in fun decor, special attractions and adorable shows, and it’s no wonder why it’s a “must do” for many families each year.
Who doesn’t love the Grinch?! You can catch him in The Grinchmas Who-liday Spectacular daily. This adorable live performance is a retelling of the classic holiday tale starring The Grinch™. Afterward, you can even meet the maven of mischief himself for an autograph and photos!
The Cat in the Hat attraction is getting in on some holiday action!
If I Ran the Zoo, I’d decorate them too!
If you have never thought about visiting Universal Orlando for the holidays, you should! There’s so much to see…so much to do! Here’s a few more highlights of the seasonal events:
- Experience Christmas in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ as Diagon Alley™ and Hogsmeade™ are transformed with festive decor and special entertainment. The Frog Choir sings seasonal melodies and there are special treats and drinks to share. Then, at dusk a dazzling projection of holiday spirit, The Magic of Christmas, unfolds on Hogwarts™ Castle.
- At the Grinch™ & Friends Character Breakfast, choose from irresistible entrees and get your camera ready. The mischievous Grinch™ himself will make the rounds, stopping to pose for photos and share hilariously snarky small talk. (Separately ticketed experience.)
- Merry and Mayhem combine as the Minions join Santa Claus in Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s, a favorite treat that also features characters from Madagascar and Shrek. It’s not to be missed!
- The best-selling holiday artist of all time also visits Universal Studios as Mannheim Steamroller returns for live performances on select nights and it’s included (yes, you read that right!) with your Universal Studios Florida admission. Concert Dates are Saturday and Sundays: Nov. 16, 17, 23, 24, 30 and Dec. 1, 7, 8, 14 and 15.
- From Thanksgiving to Christmas, Hanukkah and New Year’s, all the traditional feasts and festivities are happening in the onsite resorts plus a few surprises! Enjoy classic favorites like ornament decorating, and visits with Santa along with tree and menorah lighting ceremonies. You can also take a break from cooking and savor delicious holiday meals at acclaimed restaurants as well as additional activities for the whole family. You might even catch some rockin’ holiday parties!
Create more memorable holiday moments and contact us for a free quote! We offer a best-price guarantee, never charge fees, and our experience is priceless!
Be sure to stay tuned for more info and live updates to come as we get closer to Thanksgiving. We’ll be venturing into the the parks and resorts and we can’t wait to share it with you!
A lot of changes have occurred at Universal Orlando this year and more are coming. Here’s a list of our favorites to share!
1) COMING IN SPRING OF 2020, Universal Studios Florida debuts this new live-action stunt show that will leave audiences wondering, “How on earth did they do that?” Through a cutting-edge fusion of stagecraft and film, you’ll follow hero Jason Bourne across three continents as sinister characters pursue him, hoping to bring him in. Brace yourself for The Bourne Stuntacular! You won’t just watch it – you’ll feel it.
Take a sneak peek at the new attraction entrance…the walls are down!
2) NOW OPEN FOR BOOKING: Running Universal
Running Universal packages are now available to book for Orlando and Hollywood! Get ready to see Universal Orlando Resort like you’ve never experienced it before as Running Universal presents the first ever Epic Character Race 5K and 10K weekend. Join your favorite characters and run through the heart of Universal Orlando Resort. You’ll enjoy special photo ops, take home brag-worthy medals, commemorative swag and a weekend of unforgettable memories. Contact us to book!
3) NOW OPEN: Bigfire Restaurant in CityWalk
Universal Citywalk’s bold new restaurant is now open, adding to the collection of amazing restaurant selections. American fare like steaks and freshwater cuisine are given the fire-kissed treatment. Bigfire is a wonderful addition to the unique and fun venues at CityWalk.
4) NOW OPEN: TODAY Cafe in Universal Studios Florida™
“Introducing the first ever TODAY Cafe at Universal Studios Florida™. NBC’s top-rated morning show is the inspiration for this one of a kind cafe. With its stage lighting and TODAY show segments on the big screen TVs you’ll feel like you’re actually on the TODAY set. One of the standout features of the cafe will be seasonal dishes inspired by a TODAY personality.”
Filled with baked goods, salads, sandwiches and specialty coffees – including a unique blend created specifically for the TODAY Cafe – this is a great place to stop in for a coffee break or grab a snack, lunch or dinner. The TODAY Cafe will make you feel a part of the show’s Studio 1A experience every time you visit.
5) STILL SHOWING: Dark Arts at Hogwarts™ Castle
“As darkness falls at Hogwarts™ castle, Dementors™, Death Eaters™ and other unspeakable creatures cloak the stone walls with sinister images from the darker side of magic. Experience the fire-engulfed army of Inferi, the soul-draining breath of Dementors™ and the haunting image of Lord Voldemort™ as you stare in awe at the castle’s takeover. It’s an ominous new spectacle of light and music at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ – Hogsmeade™ at Universal’s Islands of Adventure.” Running for select nights Sept. 14–Nov. 15, this is a show you won’t want to miss!
If you are interested in more information, simply reach out to us via our websites and fill out a quote form or shoot us an email at https://universalvacationplanners.com/ or https://vacationswithcharacter.net/universal-orlando.html. We’re always here to help you celebrate life with an adventure and Universal Orlando is a great way to do just that!
Stay tuned to our blog and social media channels as more details about the exhilarating new live show, resort updates, and holiday happenings will be revealed in the coming days, weeks, and months!
Voldemort, Death Eaters and other creepy creatures from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter are coming your way to bring you the darker side of magic in this nighttime display!
“Dark Arts at Hogwarts Castle,” which launched on Saturday at Universal Orlando, is set inside the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at the Islands of Adventure theme park. The nighttime display will continue on select nights through November 15.
According to a Universal Orlando news release, “Guests will be asked to summon their inner strength and bravely face the Dark Arts and the visage of the powerful Dark wizard Lord Voldemort, until the Patronus spell — one of the most famous, difficult and powerful defense of the Dark Arts charms in the wizarding world — is cast”.
The show uses high-tech projection mapping and drones to bring the castle — and Harry Potter’s Patronus stag — to life. “Experience the fire-engulfed army of Inferi, the soul-draining breath of Dementors™ and the haunting image of Lord Voldemort™ as you stare in awe at the castle’s takeover. This powerful spectacle is accompanied by an atmospheric musical score created by John Williams.”
If you’re a Potter fan, this is something you won’t want to miss. BUT don’t delay…Universal Orlando’s holiday celebration, which includes the “Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle” show, starts November 16!