Thank you to all who follow and love our informational blog! Please join us in our new location to stay up to date on Universal Orlando Resort and Disney Destination happenings, plus more! https://vacationswithcharacter.blog/
Yesterday, we shared our top tips for the reopening of Universal Orlando’s main theme parks. Today, we’re bringing you some photos and tips for the fabulous Volcano Bay water park, where “water is life…and life is joy”!
Before you venture out to begin your carefree island life at Volcano Bay – home of the Waturi, according to legend – you’ll need to know a few important things:
1) Social distancing markers are located everywhere and you’ll want to be aware of them. You should also be prepared to know your temperature will be taken. Lastly, masks are required by everyone – guests and Team Members alike – BUT not to worry! Once you enter the park, you may remove them to enjoy your day, not to mention the soothing waves of Waturi Beach!
2) Unless staying onsite at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort, which has a private entrance to Volcano Bay, buses will help you embark on your journey. Onboard, you’ll be seated 6 feet apart by a Team Member and masks are required.
3) Island signage abounds, so no need to take notes! ; )
4) Once you arrive at the entrance to Volcano Bay, masks are still required by all and you’ll be welcomed plus provided with your own sanitized, waterproof TapuTapu wearable – designed specifically and exclusively for use in Volcano Bay. With its Virtual Line and TapTu Play capabilities, TapuTapu allows you to live on Waturi time and feel as one with the island’s carefree way of life. The only difference is, you’ll receive yours from a Team Member who is masked and gloved; and just as before, Tapu Tapu’s are yours to use for the day!
5) Once inside, the fun and relaxation truly begins as masks are only required beyond this point by the lockers, at food venues, or in merchandise stores; just be aware the Waturi respectfully request you maintain social distancing in these areas as well.
In the larger restaurants with seating areas, parties are seated one at a time and at an appropriate distance from everyone else, and Team Members are carefully sanitizing the tables at all venues after each use as well!
6) The Waturi have a new rule: only 10 guests are permitted at a time in the locker area, so visitors are asked to send one guest from your group in with your belongings. Lockers are also yours for the day!
7) Here among the sparkling waters, even life jackets are replaced after each use and taken away by a Team Member for proper sanitizing before reuse.
8) We are happy to report you can still kick your visit up a notch by renting a private cabana for up to 10 people! Relax, unwind and enjoy the charms of your own personal cabana space in paradise with extra-comfy seating, concierge service and more. Each retreat offers padded lounge chairs, a small refrigerator stocked with bottled water, complimentary fruit and snack basket, towel and locker service, plus concierge service with an exclusive menu of food and drink delivered directly to the cabana. Who can ask for anything more?
Well, there is one thing…
9) Ice Cream! Koka Poroka is Volcano Bay’s ice cream stand and is renowned for offering this Waturi fusion of flavor! PRO TIP: Don’t miss this delicious treat!
10) Volcano Bay is THE perfect place to visit in the Florida Summer sun…as masks are not required in the pools, while relaxing on your loungers, or while exploring! You’ll truly enjoy an immersive water theme park full of thrills, relaxation, and one-of-a-kind attractions in a beautiful, tropical setting.
We’d like to give a BIG shout out to thank our FABULOUS Universal Orlando Representative, Derek Funk, for all of the great photos and information we’ve shared with you yesterday and today, and hope you enjoyed this virtual tour!
Contact Vacations with Character® and let us help you plan your escape! Visit https://universalvacationplanners.com/ for more information or to reach out and drop us a line!